Also, check out our OR2015 Indianapolis Google map, and feel free to login using your Google Account to add your own favorite places to the map.
Food and Drink
Many restaurants and bars are located in Downtown Indianapolis within a few blocks of the Hyatt Regency hotel, and many more are found about a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride away along Massachusetts Avenue in the Mass Ave Arts District.
- Downtown Indianapolis restaurants map
- Independent downtown Indianapolis restaurants map
- Visit Indy’s Top 25 local restaurants
- Visit Indy restaurant directory
Open for Service is a grassroots campaign to celebrate businesses that oppose discrimination of any type. Look for blue and white stickers in the windows of restaurants, bars, and shops, or check out the Business Directory currently under construction.
Museums and Attractions
Several excellent museums and attractions are conveniently located downtown within walking distance of the Hyatt (see the Downtown Indianapolis Hotels and Attractions map):
Further afield (see the Surrounding Indianapolis map):
- Indianapolis Museum of Art – world-class collections in a beautiful setting, including the free 100 Acres Art & Nature Park
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis – largest in the world
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum
- Dallara IndyCar Factory
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
For more attractions, see Visit Indy: Museums and Attractions
Downtown, within easy walking distance of the Hyatt:
- Victory Field, home of the Indianapolis Indians, Indy’s AAA minor league baseball team
- Bankers Life Fieldhouse, home of the NBA Indiana Pacers and WNBA Indiana Fever
- Indy Eleven professional soccer
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Home to the famed Indianapolis 500 and the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, taking place June 11-14
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Lawn at White River State Park
- Concerts on the Canal
- Nuvo Indy Music Calendar
Festivals and other Events
- Vintage Indiana Wine and Food Festival, Military Park, Saturday, June 6
- Circle City IN Pride Festival, Indiana’s largest LGBT celebration, June 5-13 (main events on Saturday, June 13)
- Christ Church Cathedral Women’s Strawberry Festival, Monument Circle, Thursday, June 11
- Happy Hour Thursdays, Georgia St., Thursday, June 11, 4:30-7:00 PM
For more events of all sorts, see the Visit Indy events calendar
Many of the restaurants, attractions, and events on this page are located in Downtown Indianapolis and are easily walkable from the hotel, but if you need to go farther away, there are plenty of options:
City Bus Service
IndyGo offers 29 fixed daily bus routes to all Marion County townships, major Indianapolis attractions, shopping malls, hospitals, downtown areas, and other locations. Day passes for all fixed IndyGo routes throughout Indianapolis are available for $4. For more information about IndyGo services, call 317-635-3344 or click here for an online trip planner. Visit IndyGo.net for complete route descriptions and routes to popular destinations in the city.
- Indianapolis Yellow Cab: (317) 487-7777
- American Taxi: (317) 821-8000
- Indy Airport Taxi: (317) 381-1111
Indiana Pacers Bikeshare offers bicycles for rental for short trips of less than 30 minutes, with two stations located right outside the Hyatt on Capitol Ave. and Washington St. A day pass costs $8. Bike rentals for longer trips are available from Wheel Fun Rentals in White River State Park.
The Indianapolis Cultural Trail is an 8-mile bicycle and pedestrian-friendly path linking Downtown Indianapolis to several of Indy’s cultural districts. The Indy Greenways system includes over 60 miles of urban multi-use trails that connect people to neighborhoods, commercial districts, schools, parks, cultural features and historic sites throughout Indianapolis and Marion County.
Visit Indy’s Daily Deals offers printable discount coupons for attractions, recreation, restaurants, shopping, and more.