Cool Tools, Daring Demos and Fab Features
The OR2015 developer track presents an opportunity to share the latest developments across the technical community. We will be running informal sessions of presentations and demonstrations showcasing community expertise and progress:
- What cool development tools, frameworks, languages and technologies could you not get on without?
- Is there a particular technique or process that you find apt for solving particular day-to-day repository problems? Demonstrate it to the community. Extra credit for command-line shenanigans and live debugging.
- What new features (however small) have you added to your organisation’s repository?
- What technologies were used and how did you arrive at your solution?
Presentations will be flexibly timed (5 to 20 minutes). Live demos, code repositories, ssh, hacking and audience participation are encouraged.
Submissions should take the form of a title and short paragraph detailing what will be shared with the community (including the specific platform and/or technologies you will be showcasing). Please also give an estimate of the duration of your demonstration.
Submit your proposal here: https://www.conftool.com/or2015/ by March 13, 2015.
Developer Evening Social on 8th June
Time and place to be confirmed, please keep your evening free.
For inquiries, please contact the Developer Track Co-Chairs, Adam Field and Claire Knowles at af05[AT]ecs.soton.ac.uk and claire.knowles[AT]ed.ac.uk
Developer Track Co-chairs:
Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead EPrints Services,
University of Southampton
Library Digital Development Manager,
University of Edinburgh
- 13 March 2015: Deadline for submissions
- 10 April 2015: Notification of acceptance
- 8-11 June 2015: Conference program; Developer Evening Social on 8 June