(posting on behalf of Claire Knowles and Adam Field, Ideas Challenge Co-Chairs)
This year, the Open Repositories conference ran a full developer track, which included both paper presentations and the Ideas Challenge. Based on previous Developer Challenges, which saw small teams develop prototypes to solve problems, the Ideas Challenge tasked the conference attendees to form small teams to propose solutions to problems, but without actually doing any development.
We kicked off the Ideas Challenge with a social on Monday evening at the Tomlinson Tap Room sponsored by DuraSpace, Digital Preservation Network and Orcid, where ice was broken and teams started to form.
By 2pm(ish) on Wednesday we had 9 entries, many with new collaborators who had formed teams in the previous couple of days
Thanks to everyone who contributed to making OR2015 a success: participants, presenters, reviewers, program committee, steering committee, local organizers, conference staff, volunteers, and sponsors. We hope you enjoyed your time in Indianapolis! Please be sure to complete the post-conference survey by Monday, June 22.
Slides from Kaitlin Thaney’s and Anurag Acharya’s plenary session talks at OR2015 are now available online:
- Kaitlin Thaney, Mozilla Science Lab, Leveraging the Power of the Web for Science
- Anurag Acharya, Google, Indexing Repositories: Pitfalls and Best Practices
Video from these presentations will be made available after the conference.
We are planning to provide live video streaming of plenary sessions as well as most other presentations taking place in the Regency A-D room on Tuesday, June 9 and Wednesday, June 10. See the Live Conference Stream page for details.
It’s hard to believe, but Open Repositories 2015 is less than two weeks away. What can you do to get ready?
- Check out the full conference program and start figuring out which of the many great sessions you’re going to attend
- Register for workshops and tutorials if you’re planning to participate on Monday
- Sign in on the OR2015 Lanyrd site to show your interests
- Download the Conference4me mobile app for your smartphone or tablet
- Take a look at transportation options from the airport to downtown Indianapolis
- Start thinking about an entry for the Ideas Challenge
- Get ideas for how to spend your free time in Indy from our Things to Do page
- Scope out the town via the OR2015 Indianapolis Google Map (and add your favorites!)
We look forward to seeing you in Indy!
Due to strong demand, we will need to close registration for OR2015 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Saturday, May 23. After that date, you may request to be added to a registration waitlist, but registration slots cannot be guaranteed.
If you plan to attend OR2015 and have not already registered, please register now.